Help to get Greek Support to OS X!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
(I'm not sure if this should be in Outsider or Mac OS X or General .. in Outsider it may have most views? Move if appropriate. )

There is no Greek Support in Mac OS X.

Greek is not a small language, there are over 10 million Greeks in Greece, and many in US, UK, Australia etc. It'd be great to have finally the support for Greek language in Mac OS X.

Think of all the greek 80 y old grandmas who can't email or talk to their grandchildren because they don't know what the English buttons of their Macs say... Help getting Greek support!

Here to make a change: http://alfebiite.ee.ic.ac.uk/%7Edkaponis/osxpetition/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I never thought I'd move a thread from AppleOutsider to Mac OS X, but there's a first time for everything.

Remember to send feedback to Apple! Lots of people writing them with that request will do more than lots of people signing an online petition somewhere.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Ναί!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Amorph, good idea, so I'll talk about it to someone in the HQs too.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Remember to send feedback to Apple! Lots of people writing them with that request will do more than lots of people signing an online petition somewhere.

Perhaps they should e-mail directly S. Jobs too. Writing a good message (on behalf of some strong greek mac-user group(s)--it's HELMUG, no?), explaining the historical and cultural weight of the greek language on the one hand, and Apple's benefit from proper greek support in OS X on the other hand, I think would help more than organising an online petition. There are outside Greece about 10 millions Greeks, as much as inside Greece. And almost all of them are using Windows due to lack of proper support of their language in OS X. ÃïìÃ?æù üôé ôï ðñüâëçìá õðïóôÃ?ñéîçò ôçò åëëçÃ*éêÃ?ò ãëþóóáò óôï MacOS X Ã¥Ã?Ã*áé ôüóï ìåãÃ?ëï, ðïõ áîÃ?æåé Ã*á ðñïóðáèÃ?óåé êáÃ*Ã¥Ã?ò Ã*á Ãñèåé óå åðáöÃ? ìå ôïÃ* Ã?äéï ôïÃ* Jobs, áðåõèåÃ?áò, ïñãáÃ*ùìÃÃ*á êáé ìå åðé÷åéñÃ?ìáôá.