Playing Sim City

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So I decided to pick it up, and it works as long as I keep a few options turned down(otherwise it draws in blocks accross the screen when scrolling). Having played Sim City 2000 last though(which didn't require the disk), is there a way to install Sim City 4 so I don't have to insert the CD disc every time to play it? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    You can get a crack for it... on the windows side, but I don't know if there is a mac crack... (hey that rymes)
  • Reply 2 of 7
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Make sure you install the SimCity 4 patch; it fixes some visual bugs.

These game publishers need to get with the program. I don't want to carry around a dozen CD-ROMs wherever I go.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Have you tried making a DMG from the CD? I got that to work with SC3000. You can write a applescript to mount the disk image and launch SimCity at the same time. I'll see if I can find the script I used.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    Patch to fix Sim City 4? Can you tell me where to get it? Is it just the Sim City web site?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    It's a small disk image, a few k. but to the game it looks like the real CD. If you can't find it let me know and I'll email you.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

Patch to fix Sim City 4? Can you tell me where to get it? Is it just the Sim City web site?

http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/sc4/

under support.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

It's a small disk image, a few k. but to the game it looks like the real CD. If you can't find it let me know and I'll email you.

Okay, so I'm not sure what you mean by small disk image. Are you talking about the banner image accross the window when opening the sim city cd? If you could send to me I would appreciate it. It would also probably help the computer run a bit cooler without having to spin the CD every time I play it. Thanks.