iBook G4 analogous to...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is the mobo on the new 800mhz iBook the same as in any of the older Powerbook generations? I'm trying to find a way to understand its performance in real-world terms. I'm not a big tech-head - I don't yet know exactly what effect a smaller or larger or faster cache has, for example, and I'm not too clear on the differences between the various 7xxx G4 chips everyone was talking about. Is it very similar to the older 800mhz G4 Powerbook, for example? Similar to the original 12" powerbook? What's its analog with computers that have already been around the block, had reviews written on them, games played on them, etc.?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    It's a TiBook with a slightly smaller screen and Airport extreme.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

It's a TiBook with a slightly smaller screen and Airport extreme.

It doesn't have the L3 cache of the original 800mhz though right? The cache is the one thing that worries me a little... 256k L2 seems small. Where would I notice performance handicap?

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by nickgb

It doesn't have the L3 cache of the original 800mhz though right? The cache is the one thing that worries me a little... 256k L2 seems small. Where would I notice performance handicap?

thanks

XBench results put the G4 ibook consistently infront of the 800MHz and 900MHz G3s...