fax email vendor recommendations

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
okay, i need to send and receive faxes int he near future, but i am not in love with the idea of shelling out money for a fax machine. the online services that offer to receive faxes for you and send them as attachments to your email inbox seem like a good way to manage this, as it would also allow me to review incoming faxes and only print out those i want/need.

first, are there downsides to using something like this that i am not seeing? my first hunch is that it is possible to have my ISP-provided email space allocation might get full overnight if i get on someone's fax spam list, which might cause some significant problems.

also, does anyone have any recommendations for such a service, or know of a few i can research? i only know of two: efax.com and j2.com (formerly jfax.com). i really don't like j2 becaus they have been using iconfactory icons on their commerce site for over a year, and have been daring the guys at iconfactory to sue 'em. i reported them a while ago, and gedon et al. told them to stop, but they apparently refused. i therefore don't want to give them any of my money.

efax doesn't offer a local number for louisiana, so i would have to use a toll-free number. nice for long-distance work, BUT the yearly fees would buy me a new fax machine every year.

well, any advice would be welcomed. thanks.