Mdr-ex71sl Wtf???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just got these earphones today.

The sound is shit. The treble is terrible and sounds like tin cans and hurts my ears. If I turn the volume down, I won't be able to hear the music itself.

Also, it seems like I have to make the volume quite loud to produce the same amount of volume than say, the iPod earphones.

Does anyone here own the same earphones? Do you experience the same problems? Could it be that my ears are just too sensitive to high pitches?

Seriously, I'm worried. I spent $56 on these and I am not happy with them at all, and I can't return them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

I just got these earphones today.

The sound is shit. The treble is terrible and sounds like tin cans and hurts my ears. If I turn the volume down, I won't be able to hear the music itself.

Also, it seems like I have to make the volume quite loud to produce the same amount of volume than say, the iPod earphones.

Does anyone here own the same earphones? Do you experience the same problems? Could it be that my ears are just too sensitive to high pitches?

Seriously, I'm worried. I spent $56 on these and I am not happy with them at all, and I can't return them.

Yeah, I have their predecessors, the MDR-EX70s, and I think they suck for the price paid. Same complaints about poor sound quality. Weak in the bass too. Probably because of the poor sealing of the 'phones.

Sony makes these $10 earclip headphones that sound more balanced. I can tell they are not as clear, but overall they sound more natural, and seem easier to drive.

They seem like Sony's cut-rate version of the Etymotics.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nguyenhm16

Yeah, I have their predecessors, the MDR-EX70s, and I think they suck for the price paid. Same complaints about poor sound quality. Weak in the bass too. Probably because of the poor sealing of the 'phones.

Sony makes these $10 earclip headphones that sound more balanced. I can tell they are not as clear, but overall they sound more natural, and seem easier to drive.

They seem like Sony's cut-rate version of the Etymotics.

I have a Philips version of those Sony headphones, and they kick ass, except in the dark they are near impossible to put on.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Well, here's the thing:

I do push them all the way in, and I have tried all three of the things. In fact, I played around with it for an hour.

Still sux. Far too much treble.

I want to send them back but the Audiocubes guy keeps on telling me that I'm not using them correctly.

Help!

Steve.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I have a pair of Koss plug-style headphones/earbuds that are pretty nice, though I HATE headphones, and just have these for the rare cases where it's nice to have some. (long rides, etc).

I really don't get this whole "walk around and listen to music" fad. I don't mind that Apple is cashing in on it, but still, I don't get it.