Best way to Calibrate LCD monitor?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
If one is using a LCD monitor [laptop, studio display, etc.] what would be the best way to correctly calibrate a monitor [for web/print development] ..... ??? without using a calibration device like the Pantone spyder ... ??

I just did the "custom" calibration for my powerbook in the system preferences, but I'm not sure if it's "correct" since that's relatively subjective.

I'm unsure of how to get the best/accurate calibration ........ ??

Currently I'm using SuperCal, is this sufficient?

thanks for any help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    SuperCal is highly recommended.

Short of going upmarket with hardware calibrators from Pantone or GretagMacbeth,

the only other thing I'd recommend is a second or third opinion

making allowances for less than full spectrum lighting

some print shops rent them to customers to profile workflow
  • Reply 2 of 3
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    The built-in calibration in Panther is far superior to what was available in Jaguar and before. It may not be highly accurate but colors on my display look far better, with truer white balance than before.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDave

The built-in calibration in Panther is far superior to what was available in Jaguar and before. It may not be highly accurate but colors on my display look far better, with truer white balance than before.

The calibration features in Panther even surpass those found in OS 9. I was super plussed when I discovered these features too.