What To Do With Previous System Folder After Pather Install

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Got panther install a couple of days ago and its very good and every thing seems to work. I did the arcive and install thing. What do i do with my previous systems folder? can i trash it or do i have to keep it? Cheers in advance for suggestions. Phil

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I'd keep it for a couple weeks. I have had to retrieve a few odds and ends from there that the Panther installer did not move. For example, I had added a new modem script for my cell phone to /Library/Modem Scripts and the installer did not move it to the new library. If you don't need anything from it after a couple weeks, then trash it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by PhilipMacClark

Got panther install a couple of days ago and its very good and every thing seems to work. I did the arcive and install thing. What do i do with my previous systems folder? can i trash it or do i have to keep it? Cheers in advance for suggestions. Phil

If you dont have anything in the folder you need, then I would trash it...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Cool cheers for that, really didnt know what to do with them and now i do. Just did it verything seems fine. I had another previous system in there (when i had to re-install 10.2) and there was well over 75,000 files deleted. that sound right? it took f*cking ages.