Petition to Keep Napster Dead

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Over at http://www.temslim.com/

Interesting in light of its competition with iTunes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I would be able to take this more searously if all the links except for the one to the petition weren't broken. I'll save ya'll the trouble of actually going to the poorly designed and worthless site, here is what the petition says (sounds like it was written by a 12 year old, note the misspellings and slang)

Quote:

To:_ Roxio

As consumers of the world, we hereby declare that we don't like you guys "resurrecting" the Napster brand name. We may or may not have used Napster when it existed, but we're still smart enough to know that you're manipulating us by exploiting the widespread awareness and street credibility of Napster and its once fanatic following for your own commerical gain. We don't especially like that, because we kind of liked Napster the way it was, and it certainly never stood for some boardroom suits making a lot of money.

Sincerely,

Last time I checked, the point of Napster was for someone out there to make money. I don't understand why they have a problem with this. I personally wont use Napster because I am very happy with the iTMS and Napster wont work on a Mac anyway (last time I checked). iTMS is better anyway, allow me to point you here: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...Napster+review This is a great review of the new Napster by our very own Eugene.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Silly thread. Roxio paid a lot of $$$ for the name and service. They're not going away anytime soon. A waste of time.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Misspellings? Slang? Informal tone, yes. Written by a twelve-year old, possibly. But we should mention the problems that are actually there, not invent things.

Agreed that it won't due any good, except maybe tell Roxio that people don't like them bringing back the ghost, as it were. It doesn't appear to be going anywhere, so it doesn't much matter.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

Why do Mac users get itchy vaginas when someone dares release a product or service that competes with an Apple offering?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Malokata

Misspellings? Slang? Informal tone, yes. Written by a twelve-year old, possibly. But we should mention the problems that are actually there, not invent things.

Agreed that it won't due any good, except maybe tell Roxio that people don't like them bringing back the ghost, as it were. It doesn't appear to be going anywhere, so it doesn't much matter.

It's not just an informal tone, it searously sounds to me like a 12 year old girl wrote it. It is ridiculous! I don't understand why this person is so indignant that someone is trying to *GASP* make money in *DOUBLE GASP!* America. Unbelievable, Roxio should be strung up! I invented nothing, I did focus on the problems that are obviously there. This person is ignorant, no one should take this seriously.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Perhaps the stupidest thing is that by forming the petition they ultimately give Napster free advertising. Well done and very dumb to the makers
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Why do Mac users get itchy vaginas when someone dares release a product or service that competes with an Apple offering?

Thanks for that imagery groverat!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    If Napster 2.0 proves to be a bad idea, it probably won't go anywhere. Roxio doesn't have the money to prop up a failure for very long, unlike, say, Microsoft.

Online petitions are just about worthless anyway.

(And who says the original Napster wasn't about making money? It was Napster.com, not Napster.org.)
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Roxio doesn't have the money to prop up a failure for very long, unlike, say, Microsoft.

A failure, like ? Dude, they are still trying to prop this up. It's hard though, its got holes you could drive a truck through.