Cheapest video input solution?

gongon
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi all,

what do you think is the cheapest/minimal solution for hooking up my Playstation 2 to a Mac? (Or a PC, for that matter)

I just wish to be able to use a monitor and computer's sound system to get console picture and sound; I have no TV and no wish to get one either.

Of course it wouldn't hurt to be able to record video from the game, but I don't find that important or "necessary".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    That is one thing that bugs me about my powerbook, I wish I could use the svideo as an in too. \

Not that Apple would, but would it be possible through firmware upgrade for it to do both?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Not that Apple would, but would it be possible through firmware upgrade for it to do both?

Short answer: no.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

Hi all,

what do you think is the cheapest/minimal solution for hooking up my Playstation 2 to a Mac? (Or a PC, for that matter)

I just wish to be able to use a monitor and computer's sound system to get console picture and sound; I have no TV and no wish to get one either.

Of course it wouldn't hurt to be able to record video from the game, but I don't find that important or "necessary".

hmmm, i think, i didn#t understand exactly what you want, yo in my own words:

you own a mac, monitor and a sound system connected to your mac.

you own a playstation2 WITHOUT a tv... (so,how do you play rigth now... )

now, you want to use your mac as an "adapter" to connect your playstation to your monitor & sound system?

so, question is: what kind of output has a playstation? just "tv"? no rgb? maybe, you just need a "monitor switch, which makes it possibel to connect two outpust to one monitor input...?

or, do you want something like eye-tv, which is a very cheap (and low quality!) tv-in-through-sub connector?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    HI, try the formac TVR... is 399 $ , a lot of cash but if you want an all in one solution firewire device this is it, if you a PowerMac G4 you could buy a TV Tuner PCI card, there is one company that makes this but I don't remember which was it
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

http://eshop.macsales.com/Item_XLR8Y...Item=MEI179718

Televio -- $138

Televio would be awesome if I had a tower with PCI.