Airport 3.2 update?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i hear this is out, but as the owenr of a PB with a standard airport card (not extreme) it isn't appearing in software download.

but do i still need it?

and it updates the base station firmware (i have an airport extreme base station), so i think i do want it...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    showed up on mine ..10.3 on pb15 ti800

no airport extreme base or card

update ran fine..restarted & all is ok
  • Reply 2 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

i hear this is out, but as the owenr of a PB with a standard airport card (not extreme) it isn't appearing in software download.

but do i still need it?

and it updates the base station firmware (i have an airport extreme base station), so i think i do want it...

Look, child, it's not really necessary if you have no AirPort Extreme clients, really. All it does is add WPA, which the original AirPort cards don't support...and even some third-party 802.11g cards don't support. If you do end up downloading it, don't enable WPA or you'll be locked out of your basestation.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Look, child, it's not really necessary if you have no AirPort Extreme clients, really. All it does is add WPA, which the original AirPort cards don't support...and even some third-party 802.11g cards don't support. If you do end up downloading it, don't enable WPA or you'll be locked out of your basestation.

Hey, what is it with you and the word child?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I think he is entitled to call anyone with less than 6014 posts a child. Thats a lot of posts!