Could we ever see an Apple ISP?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
We've been watching Apple introduce products when the current products suck. We saw it with the iPod. The iSight. The iTMS. Safari.

Apple's customer service is, IMO, great, and I have yet to deal with an ISP's customer service department that helped me out. I may get to a sympathetic person, but they tend to be the people who can't do anything to help me.

Could we ever see Apple introduce an ISP of its own? Most ISP's right now are horrible. This is the same situation as the music download market right before the iTMS came. Ditto for the iSight, Safari, and, most notably, the iPod.

I think that if anyone can make a great ISP, it would be Apple. I think they have the customer service and resources to do it.

What do guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I believe that this was a rumor going around a few years ago, could be wrong though. I think it would be a great idea, except I wouldn't use it because I'm extremely happy with my ISP, it's invisible, just the way I like it. Never goes down, never messes up, never have to talk to anyone. Life is good.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I believe that this was a rumor going around a few years ago, could be wrong though. I think it would be a great idea, except I wouldn't use it because I'm extremely happy with my ISP, it's invisible, just the way I like it. Never goes down, never messes up, never have to talk to anyone. Life is good.

I want to be one of their customers.

I've heard nothing but horror stories from around here, and have my own.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    They had one. eWorld.

They couldn't decide whether to push that, or back AOL. Ultimately, they did neither very well.