Questions help decide between PB.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok, I ordered the 15" 1g combo drive the other day. No upgrades on it. Now I have been reading all of the problems with the screen on the 15", I have been thinking of switching my order to the 12" combo drive. By doing that I could upgrade the ram to 512, put in a 60g hd, and add the airport extreme card and basestation. Since I plan on buying the Airport stuff later on anyway for my 15". What are everyones thoughts. Again this will be my first Mac ever, so all experience owners please let me know your opinions. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Come on, voice some opinions.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Are the screens still having problems?

I would keep the 15. The 12 is too small. If you have a second display it's not too bad, but then you have a mess of adapters.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    The 15 inch is perhaps the best choice. I doubt that they will send you one with LCD screen problems. They must actively check this point : they will not take the risk to lose money by sending you a bad product, now they know that this problem occurs on a regular basis.

BTW, a small delay should occur in relation with this problem.

As splinemodel, said 12 inch screen are small : 15 inch is much better, especially if you want to see some good DVD ...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Purchasing advice belongs in General Discussion.

I wil gently slide it over there now, trying not to hurt any feelings.

• Reply 5 of 6
    t9000t9000 Posts: 34member
    Sorry about that, I didn't know where it should go. Thanks for moving it.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    go with the 15. you can add upgrades to it later if you need.

you can't upgrade the screen on the 12".

also keep in mind that it's not like Apple won't fix any screen problems that arise.