who is already adding ram to their new iMac??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i am planning on adding either 256 or more likely 512 ram to my iMac 800MHz as soon as i get it (will order ram soon so i can add it before first start up)...who else is getting more ram? how much? and where are they getting it from??

the kids use iMovie and will be burning dvds with iDVD, so i probably will get 512 to up the total to 768 MB of ram....hoping to keep this iMac from needing any upgrades for at least a couple of years (will most likely run through the HD before anything else)...

i have bought ram from crucial for my current iMac and it worked great...so i'll probably buy from them again....g

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I ordered my superdrive model and it is coming with an extra 256 (from Macmall) and I think that'll be good for the time being.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    I'm doing the same thing you are Anarchangel. I'm pretty sure 512 MB should be more than enough since 256 is enough for me. I just wish I knew when MacMall was getting their stock in! Have you heard anything?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Try going to Ramjet - a great company with a quality product.

<a href="http://www.ramjet.com/imacflat.asp"; target="_blank">iMac Ram at Ramjet</a>

Chas
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    bought 512 from crucial--hoping this keeps my iMac upgrade proof for a few years (till the iMac3 comes along with holographic screen and scentorama)...g