Pizza for breakfast... mmmmm

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just had 2 slices of pizza for breakfast at work. Not just any pizza mind you, this was aged to perfection, like a fine wine. 4 days, to be exact.



I couldn't help it. Last Thursday I stayed at work over lunch, so I had a pizza delivered. This place here has the best freaking sauce on the planet... I ordered a Double Double. That's pepperoni, double cheese, double sauce. Might as well call it double pepperoni too, because the sucker is an inch thick.



Ate most of it over Thursday and Friday. But then this morning it hit me. MORE PIZZA LEFT IN THE FRIDGE.



But damn, it's in there for four days! But the fridge is cold! But it's still been four days! But I'm hungry!



Hunger won. If I get sick, I'll get a day or two off. Bonus.



It was SOOO good. Now I'm sitting here tipping back a can of iced tea, wondering if my stomach will turn against me later today. I mean, the radiation in the microwave killed any bacteria, right?



What do you think? Am I going to hurl later?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 19
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.



    Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.



    Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    You forgot to send me a piece. \
  • Reply 3 of 19
    you'd have been better off eating it cold. i'm not sure from a health perspective, but from a guy perspective.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,261member
    Actually I ate half of the first piece cold, but the fridge here is pretty damn cold... it didn't seem right.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    i once ate a piece of pizza that had sat out all night (covered in the delivery box) and it was a little "off color" and my girlfriend (at the time) said "if you get sick..." i interrupted her and said "if i get sick i'll shut up and die like an aviator"

    you know, stoically, calmly, by myself.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Cold pizza is the absolute best. And who ever invented pizza is by far the genius of our times.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I have 2 slices in the toaster as I speak. I put them in BEFORE I read this thread. Freaky...8)
  • Reply 8 of 19
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Anything with good Italian sauce invariably tastes better after sitting in the fridge a day or two. I knew a family when I was younger, where the mother would make this monster vat of marinara and pasta... then she'd let it stand for an hour or so, then put it in the fridge and serve it up a day or two later.



    I kid you not, she would under-cook the pasta just a bit so it wouldn't get soggy, then re-heat it. Best damn pasta you ever had!



  • Reply 9 of 19
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I just finished stuffing myself with leftovers from 2 days ago, pizza and garlic bread. Best $13 I ever spent, well, that I'm still full from.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I had a salmon pizza last night. Would have made a fine breakfast.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by murbot

    I just had 2 slices of pizza for breakfast at work. Not just any pizza mind you, this was aged to perfection, like a fine wine. 4 days, to be exact.



    I couldn't help it. Last Thursday I stayed at work over lunch, so I had a pizza delivered. This place here has the best freaking sauce on the planet... I ordered a Double Double. That's pepperoni, double cheese, double sauce. Might as well call it double pepperoni too, because the sucker is an inch thick.



    Ate most of it over Thursday and Friday. But then this morning it hit me. MORE PIZZA LEFT IN THE FRIDGE.



    But damn, it's in there for four days! But the fridge is cold! But it's still been four days! But I'm hungry!



    Hunger won. If I get sick, I'll get a day or two off. Bonus.



    It was SOOO good. Now I'm sitting here tipping back a can of iced tea, wondering if my stomach will turn against me later today. I mean, the radiation in the microwave killed any bacteria, right?



    What do you think? Am I going to hurl later?




    I am serious but i doubt that the radiation in the microwawe killed bacteria.

    The next time you will try to eat an old pizza, i will humbly suggest to add some nice drinks of whiskey or other strong alcohol : it's good for killing bacteria
  • Reply 12 of 19
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I need pizza now.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Cold pizza's the best
  • Reply 14 of 19
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i find old pizza is best when not chilled in a fridge. like, i'll order a pie, eat a few slices. wake up, and be happily surprised when the rodents and bugs left me some for breakfast. colding the pizza ruins it for me. i haven't tried 4 day old pizza though. the oldest i had was from the prior night.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Funny I see this thread as I munch down on a deluxe french bread pizza ...but not for breakfast as its 10:20 PM. Im not sure I have ever had pizza for breakfast, maybe once...I would though without hesitation. Cold pizza is good...I think when you reheat left over pizza it tastes like shit....I hate reheated pizza. Mmm this is good...too bad I need about 6 of these to do somethin for me, and only have one



    Long live pizza!!!!!!!
  • Reply 16 of 19
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I like to reheat mine in the toaster oven. I had some this morning about 9:30. It was good. Home made.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    gycgyc Posts: 90member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Moogs

    Anything with good Italian sauce invariably tastes better after sitting in the fridge a day or two. I knew a family when I was younger, where the mother would make this monster vat of marinara and pasta... then she'd let it stand for an hour or so, then put it in the fridge and serve it up a day or two later.



    I kid you not, she would under-cook the pasta just a bit so it wouldn't get soggy, then re-heat it. Best damn pasta you ever had!







    Why didn't she wait until she was serving the dish to cook the pasta?
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Scott

    I like to reheat mine in the toaster oven. I had some this morning about 9:30. It was good. Home made.



    my home made pizza is some of the best i've ever had. i need to have pizza for dinner tonight.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    back to mr. murbot's question.



    no you will not hurl. at the typical refrigerator temperature ~4 C, water is at its densest and bacteria have a tough time growing.



    this has been your moment of scientific zen brought to you by the letters b b and s.
Sign In or Register to comment.