iMac SuperDrive delivery delayed to week of Jan 28

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Sh#$^&^*#%!

I received the following message from the Clarendon, Virginia store regarding my iMac order. BTW, I'm number 25 of around a 100 or so people on their list. Anyone else get this message:

Dear Customers,

I wanted to inform all of you about a change in date for the receipt of the new SuperDrive iMacs. Originally we told you that the in-store receipt

date was going to be Monday, January 21st. Unfortunately we are experiencing shipping delays and are now expecting delivery of the new iMacs to all stores during the week of January 28th. We will continue to update you if we experience more shipping delays and, as promised, we will call/e-mail you as soon as they arrive.

Thanks for your patience, Bill Reinsmith GM-Clarendon

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    That's what I was told by MacMall more or less. They said they'd get them the 31. It sounds like they ave the computers but they for some reason shipping is a problem.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    My order for a SD with max memory went to the Apple Education store on the 8th. No word yet.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    taqtaq Posts: 76member
    I called the apple online store. I ordered mine on the 8th. The sales rep said it would ship 3 to 5 weeks after I ordered it. In other words, she said I would have it at latest by the first week of February. She said that I might even get it next week. That got me really psyched! Either way, knowing that at most all I have to wait is two weeks has got me psyched! Counting the the days, hours, minutes, seconds. Damn, I had finally started sleeping again. Damn. Damn. Damn! I'll post pics and impressions when I get it...not that we haven't gotten any yet. :cool: