Reprograming a Logitech Mouse...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am attempting to reprogram the "Switch Application" button on my Logitech Mx500 mouse to run Exposé. The problem is when I try to configure the keystroke F9 in the Logitech Control Center, I press F9 and then Exposé runs and will not reprogram the button -- leaving the text input field empty. How can I type F9 in the text input field without it activating Exposé right away?

I hope that explanation made sense. BTW, I am running Panther on a 1 Gig Ti PB. TIA!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Goto Prefs and bind your expose keys to something else while you enter F9, F10, F11 into the app. Then put the expose prefs back once you are done.

Then goto the cupboard and EAT some coffee beans. You really need to wake up!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gargoyle

Goto Prefs and bind your expose keys to something else while you enter F9, F10, F11 into the app. Then put the expose prefs back once you are done.

aw, hey. cut the guy some slack. i've had questions like these, even today.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gargoyle

Gargoyle,

That worked great! I loaded Panther late last night and had not noticed the Exposé choice under preferences. Thanks a mil!!! Even if you are kind of a smarta$$ about it.
  • Reply 4 of 4

I do try...