Please help - how to download non-downloadable Quicktime movies

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm trying to download some Quicktime movies that are not supposed to be downloaded. They're on this website:

http://viscog.beckman.uiuc.edu/djs_lab/demos.html

The specific ones I need are "Change blindness examples," under "Gradual changes to scenes." I need all 7 of them.

My excuse: I had wanted to use them for a presentation on Monday, and when I viewed them a few weeks ago, I assumed they were downloadable but it turns out they're not. I can't access the internet from where I'll be. Anyone know how to grab 'em, or have any other suggestions? I've been trying all day today.

They're pretty cool - check them out even if you don't know how to download them.

Feel free to move or lock at will.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Why not just purchase the disk and have them FedEx it?

I haven't gotten past the red bolded letters yet to look at what they are . . . but they sure seem to know that people want to copy these images . . .

anyway . . . I'll take a look now and shut me semi intoxed self up . . .
  • Reply 2 of 8
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    The only thing that I can think of is that you can use a video camera on a Flat screen monitor, or, SNAX or some other screen capture . . . however, I think that since your reasons are legit there is an email address and Im sure that you could get an FTP address from this guy or he could just send you copies pronto

The other alternative< and I would probably just do this, is to make very similar versions yourself and say that you are paraphrasing
  • Reply 3 of 8
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    usually you can just get the path from the source, but it looks like they are getting it with javascript.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    just grab them from your cache file and add a .mov on the end of them.

pretty straight forward.

First movie
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

just grab them from your cache file and add a .mov on the end of them.

pretty straight forward.

First movie

I dug around in my cache and got the url. Of course, I haven't downloaded them yet.... Easy enough.

edit: BRussell, check your PM.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i didn't grab the url, the entire movie was in the cache. i just took the file (find a file the right size, sort by date) and add a .mov to the end.

if you've played them all, it should be a 5 min. process.

make sure to have quicktime same them to cache though.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Thanks folks. I will buy the DVD from them now that I've got them.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Thanks folks. I will buy the DVD from them now that I've got them.

Wink!