Upgraded G4 Tower For Sale

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Thought I'd post this in case any of you folks are heading to e-Bay for G4 bargains these days.

I am selling it because I took the plunge and ordered a G5 last week. Machine is in good working order and good physical condition (no cracks, dings, bumper stickers, etc).

Specs are below; if you are willing to make a decent offer, please PM me. Based on what slower units are going for on E-Bay, I won't go below $800 (shipping and insurance included). Best offer by Tuesday noon (CDT) wins.

Before shipment, I will require payment by money order (the kind you get from the Post Office). There is a reliable lad from this board who can vouch for my non-scumbaggish nature and good business ethics, if required. PM me for details.

AGP 4x G4, upgraded to 1GHz Apollo (2MB L3)

1GB RAM (CS 2, all from Crucial)

20 GB ATA-100 Drive

10 GB ATA-66 Drive

Toshiba Combo Drive

Zip Drive (internal)

Radeon Mac Edition 32MB

Adaptec 2930U SCSI Card

2003 White Ext. Keyboard

Never-used USB hockey puck mouse (collector's item!) Or not.

56K Modem

Software extras (or zeroed drives if you prefer)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I'd put that on ebay m8, Might be more interest in a low spec G4.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Nah. I'd sooner trust most bidders from this place rather than that one. There is probably interest, it's just the MO thing that bothers people. It's the world we live in I guess, no one wants to risk paying before delivery, and no one wants to part with the goods before payment.

Price-wise, I think I'm being pretty fair relative to what's out there / the cost of shipping and insuring a 30-40 (? forgot the weight spec) pound computer.

Probably I'll just end up donating it to a local school or church and taking it as a tax write-off.