Why isn't everyone jumping on this refurb 17"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm sure most here are aware of the 17" PB rev.A on Apple's Hot deals section for $2199.

I've been eyeing the current 15" Superdrive model which goes for $2599.

Apart from video card and some cache, the 17" looks like a better deal. Yes, it's not as portable, but I don't see myself bringing my laptop to cafe etc..

Can someone see something I'm not?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Considering that i pay mine a much more, i am quite unhappy with this refurb.

If people do not jump on this one, they may be insane. The first generation alubook is a real good computer.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    it looks like a great, deal but it doesn't seem to be available. there is no check box next to the price

same with the $529 emac.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I would imagine that means that you need to call to get it... they are so low on stock they don't want committed web orders that they can't fulfill. There'd be less of a chance with a human.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

I would imagine that means that you need to call to get it... they are so low on stock they don't want committed web orders that they can't fulfill. There'd be less of a chance with a human.

I just called, they were all "if there is no check box, it isn't available through us or on the website" apparently those are just up there to tempt me!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    hmm