Has anyone seen the new iMac insert in Entertainment Weekly?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
If you haven't... check it out. It's pretty extensive and detailed--clearly designed to give people stuck in airports something to read. (This is both a good and a bad thing... the sheer size of the insert and the number of pages is a bit overwhelming.)

However... there is a section at the end of the insert that deals with "Macintosh Myths." Seems that Apple is wising up to the fact that many people have misconceptions about Mac computers, and they've answered several of the more common ones ("Macs aren't compatible with PCs," "There is more software for PCs than Macs," etc.)

I guess someone from Apple's marketing department has been paying attention to some of our suggestions concerning the overall ineffectiveness of their ads in reaching Windows users. 'Bout time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    It sounds good. I wish I had a copy. Does anybody want to scan it and put it in a PDF file? Apple needs better ads and I really hope that once the iMacs start to ship they will come out with some kick ass ones.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Looks like I will have to go and pick up a copy of Entertainment Weekly.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    The "Myth" list is also posted on Apple's site.

I would also expect the insert to be in the next issue of Time Mag which comes out Monday.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 11
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Which issue of "EW"? The current one is Will Smith and Halle Berry on the cover. That one? If so, DAMMIT...I just saw it less than 30 minutes ago at 7/11 and almost bought it, just for the hell of it (my occasional lapse to celebrity/pop culture stuff is the random, 5-times-a-year purchase of Entertainment Weekly or Movieline, IF a cover or featured article reaches out and grabs my attention).

Is it the Smith/Berry issue?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    The 12 page "tipped-in" insert - you can remove it without damage, is in the Jan 5/Feb.1 Double Issue. Top of the cover says "Our Guide To 2002".

As usual the ad is very handsome with lots of pics of the iMac plus two page spread for iPhoto and the aforementioned myths 2 page spread. Apple's print ads are, to me, superior to anything they've done for TV since the "1984" ad.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    Can anyone scan and post it?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Yeah, please scan and post it.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    The ad insert is also in the current Time and Newsweek issues.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    You can also get it (for FREE) at any Apple Store. I picked up two copies at the Clarendon, VA store last week -- one to read, one to cut up and put pictures up on my wall. It's kind of like how overweight people put pictures of thin people on the fridge: The more I see it, the more driven I am to save up the money to buy it.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: tetzel1517 ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 11
    buy thin people, ewww...

Before you put the pix up on the wall, scan and post here.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Great ad. I ripped it out of newsweek and showed it to people at work and they were very impressed. The only thing I would change is mention that the LCD is digital, which increases the worth of the machine because digital LCDs are about $100 more than analogs(of course Apple charges $200 more ).........................................