Apple.com is down. Grrrrrr.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know 10.3.1 was just released...but Apple.com is not working for me and neither is .mac. I love paying $100 a year for a service I've had trouble with for two days in a row. What's going on? Overload due to updaters?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 13
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    What is Apple.com? Their website? I'm looking at it right now.







    And I use .Mac everyday, in some shape or form, with no problems (webmail, send an iCard, backing up, storage/transfer of files, syncing Address Book info between my work G4 and PowerBook, online gallery, etc.)
  • Reply 2 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    IT was them putting up a proclamation of Time Magazine's award to them.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    It's actually a vast right-wing conspiracy. Al Gore and all that.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,044member
    asses.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

    Originally posted by SDW2001

    I know 10.3.1 was just released...but Apple.com is not working for me and neither is .mac. I love paying $100 a year for a service I've had trouble with for two days in a row. What's going on? Overload due to updaters?



    could it be... user error?

    nobody else seems to be able to replicate your symptoms.



    blaming Apple for network traffic jams or config wierdness is a stretch.

    try stepping through the troubleshooting doors and provide details for us to decipher.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,044member
    It was fine shortly thereafter. But, when all other web sites work just fine, it's not user error. .mac is frequently slow...much slower than other webmail services. I also have trouble connecting at times (on different networks, too) For $100 a year, there is no excuse.



    Oh, and leave it to the above posters to start a flame war in a thread like this..
  • Reply 7 of 13
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I've had issues with .mac before, but they were always widely reported after the incidents.



    If you're having problem with a specific site, it's probably your ISP. I know you say you've had issues on various networks, but the issues you are having seem fairly isolated which leads me to believe it's your connection.



    Are you using Airport by any chance? That also might be something to look at, as servers can fade in and out of being available depending on your airport range.



    If it is Apple being slow or flaky, I've been fortunate enough to never encounter this problem. But since I check my email frequently, I'm thinking the issue is more on your end then on Apple's. But was said above, we really need more info to be able to figure this out.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

    Originally posted by SDW2001

    It was fine shortly thereafter. But, when all other web sites work just fine, it's not user error. .mac is frequently slow...much slower than other webmail services. I also have trouble connecting at times (on different networks, too) For $100 a year, there is no excuse.



    Oh, and leave it to the above posters to start a flame war in a thread like this..




    tsk tsk, so you have a problem, assume its apple and have alittle rant, then when everyone calls you on it, you are like "well, .mac is slow blah blah blah". well tough $hit, works for me, and that wasn't your complaint, your complaint was apple was down and when people call you on it, you say THEY are starting a flame war..
  • Reply 9 of 13
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,044member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by The General

    tsk tsk, so you have a problem, assume its apple and have alittle rant, then when everyone calls you on it, you are like "well, .mac is slow blah blah blah". well tough $hit, works for me, and that wasn't your complaint, your complaint was apple was down and when people call you on it, you say THEY are starting a flame war..



    You need to lighten up. It's a legitimate problem. I'm not an idiot that goes off and blames Apple for no reason. I've had the problem if different places.







    Quote:

    well tough $hit, works for me, and that wasn't your complaint, your complaint was apple was down and when people call you on it,



    "Call me" on it? What, like I'm lying? Jesus. It happens all the time...particularly in the middle of the day.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    It's fine for me, but it is SLOW sometimes. Especially loading webmail. It's quite sickening, actually. But at least it hasn't been DOWN down in a while.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Now now, don't take the Lord's name in vein. I mean vain.



    Just kidding. sheesh, how do you know it couldn't be a problem in your local area with the network? Or even Apple being DDoS'd? That isn't their fault.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    I get really slow .mac service as well man... and webmail has had its problems in the past... SDW is it still not working? try empying your cache man.
Sign In or Register to comment.