Anyone use a Samsung 191T or 193v LCD display?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i was wondering if anyone had the Samsung 191T LCD? I have been considering getting this display, since I have seen good deals on it around the web, also, I was wondering if there was a better LCD to get from Samsung or any other maker around the $500 or so range. Apple's displays are nice, but too expensive right now for size. I already have one Formac 1740 display which I love a lot, i would love to use the other DVI port for a nice LCD though, like Samsung, I would prefer a digital display like the 191T, also I have seen the 193V, it is analog though, but if you have that let me know what you think of it. I'm a graphic designer, so I like color accuracy, as well as good pixel response for gaming - thanks again. Also I may end up selling my brand new Formac for the Samsung, but don't want to make a bad decision. Basically I could sell this one on ebay, and turn around the buy a new Samsung 19inch for the same price as the 17inch Formac...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    I have a Samsung 191T hooked up to a G4 tower. It's a descent monitor. Good resolution. Good color. Picture has a yellow tint if you use standard Mac gamma setting, though. Once I set it to PC gamma, everything looked great. There is some ghosting as with any LCD, but it's really minimal. Sufficient for watching DVDs at least. I'd definitely go digital if you're considering graphic design as the picture will be much better.