Timbuk2 has updated its sleeves...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I don't know whether this belongs in Current Hardware or General Discussion, so feel free to move it...

The wonderful <a href="http://www.timbuk2.com"; target="_blank">Timbuk2</a> has updated its small notebook sleeve to fit the 12in iBook. The current medium sleeve apparently takes the 14in just fine.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Nifty! I don't own an iBook. But I love Timbuk2. I got my El Ocho last June as a birthday present to myself. Black/forest green/deep blue canvas. It's super-cool, and the strap pocket fits my Minidisc player to a T.

But I guess I got it too wet, or something, cause the canvas seems to have shrank. When I close it, the gray lining curls up, a little off-putting. (Maybe I shoulda gotten Cordura.) But it's great, still. I think I'd like to get a Pork Chop for my DV cam.

Still waiting for Timbuk2 to make a nice duffel bag...

wyn

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: wyntir ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 4
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    If you'll excuse the expression, my Peewee is my constant companion. I also have a bag and sleeve for my PowerBook, and the strap pouch is perfect for the iPod.

I don't think it's their bag (eh heh), somehow, but I wish they'd make a carry on bag and a hold bag. Nobody makes good luggage these days.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Hi Belle

I just got my Timbuk2 sleeve to fit my iBook (12") yesterday and, boy, am I pleased! As much as I like the Bag-Builder on the site, I felt a little apprehensive before the sleeve arrived as they don't have the best photographs of their products (although there are plenty of well detailed drawings and written descriptions).

Anyway, this is a seriously gorgeouos sleeve that fits the iBook perfectly: it is a little snug but I know that it will loosen a touch as it ages. I opted for the navy waxed canvas which is gorgeous although I think I could have opted for a less conservative colour The padding/protection is very sturdy and thick (ain't nothin' gonna hurt my baby now!), the handle is comfortable, and the latch looks smart and will prevent the iBook from slipping out--although I can't see that happening! All in all, I think this is a gorgeous product and it just firms my conviction to buy one of their other bags some day down the road that can also hold my sleeve. I just wished I could visit San Fransisco to see the rest of their products
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    I'm glad you like it, Retrograde!

I got my first Timbuk2 bag years ago after I saw one my friend had just bought. It's now over three years old, and still perfectly usable, though now retired to my closet because the colors are sooo 1998. Well, that and it got damaged - not through wear and tear - just idiocy on the part of its owner.

The bags are expensive, but they're such good quality.

Oooh, I see timbuk2.com is down. I wonder if they're about to announce the Peewee G5?