DVI or analog conection to LCD Screens? quality difference?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am thinking of purchasing a Philips 170S4FB 17" (1280 x 1024) LCD Flatscreen, but noticed that it only has analog input.

How is the quality difference between analog/ dvi input on a LCD? Are there any other features you're missing when connecting in the analog port?

If the difference is noticeable I think I will go for a Sony SDM X72 instead. (it's $150 more expensive)

ap

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Depends on what your doing. If your just talking about the difference betweet LCD's then yeah, you'll notice the difference. Digital is far better quality. But if your asking if you'll notice the difference between an anologue CRT to a digital LCD then the CRT wins in the basis of picture quality. Though a CRT will strain your eyes whereas an LCD won't. If your def after an LCD go for the Digital worth the extra cash.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    svinsvin Posts: 30member
    I was thinking of the difference in picture quality (if there is one at all) between connecting the LCD with a normal analog cable, and connecting the LCD with a DVI cable. I noticed that only the more expensive LCDs has DVI connection.

As a reference I have seen a 17" dell monitor connected with the normal analog cable. The picture quality was brilliant and sharp. This is why i am wondering if it is worth the extra money to buy a display with a DVI connector.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by svin

I was thinking of the difference in picture quality (if there is one at all) between connecting the LCD with a normal analog cable, and connecting the LCD with a DVI cable. I noticed that only the more expensive LCDs has DVI connection.

As a reference I have seen a 17" dell monitor connected with the normal analog cable. The picture quality was brilliant and sharp. This is why i am wondering if it is worth the extra money to buy a display with a DVI connector.

Oh i get yer, There is no difference in quality going anologue to digital via the adapter, I have a 15 inch LCD and a CRT connected via the DVI connector. I tried them on their native anologue port on a rad 7000 and there's nowt init.