LUFS is FREAKING COOL!!! I want it for Mac OS X!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Why is there nothing like this for the Mac? Somebody pull some strings and get it made! Freak, if any of you know of something like this for the Mac, please tell me.

About LUFS

Thanks,

Alexander the Great

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    its just an interface to the underlying protocols, most of which are already in OSX. You can ssh and sftp using terminal at the moment. Apple's FTP integration is going slowly however, you can only get read only access to ftp servers via the finder "connect to server" command.

The technology, however, is not new. I remember getting an FTP filesystem for my amiga many, many moons ago. I am sure apple will get there with integrating the likes of FTP into the finder.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yeah it's kind of flaky how Apple has still not included FTP write support. However I'm sure the fine folks at Panic, makers of Transmit, are happy.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I want to be able to mount a directory through ssh or sftp. Sure I can get to the files, but I can't interact with them as if they were local.

Alexander the Great
  • Reply 4 of 6
    RBrowser has been doing this for a long time (it was a Next application). It will do all the work of syncing files that you save.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Thank you so much Karl. I've started using the program and I'll probably buy it in a couple of days. The program is 90% of what I wanted and gives me an extra 30% of extra features. The only other things it needs are to be free, bundled with Mac OS X, and built into the finder.

Alexander the Great
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I totally agree! LUFS is freaking cool, we need it for mac today! I emailed them a couple days ago to see if there were plans to port it, but haven't heard back.

We need support for sftpfs on mac, Apple needs to add mount_sftpfs.