TAM

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
A co worker of mine is selling his 20th Anniv. Mac. It has a 400mhz G3, 10gb, a USB card, 128 mb, and an ethernet card. What do you think I should offer him? Keep in mind that while I work with him, I don't really know him, so I doubt he'll give me any deals he wouldn't give anyone else.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    It's hard to say, but you should get an offer from him first and then say how much you'll pay. If you don't think of it as a special case, and just look at specs. I don't see it being worth more than $500. Except for the screen, it has the same specs as the DVSE (400) minus firewire. I would never pay more than $1,000 for it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I'll take it if you don't want it!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Maybe around $800?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Unfortunately for him, it originally cost $10.000. Stinky. He lost big time with that - a SuperCube, as it were.

I'd say the thint is worth maybe $800-900.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>Unfortunately for him, it originally cost $10.000. Stinky. He lost big time with that - a SuperCube, as it were.

I'd say the thint is worth maybe $800-900.</strong><hr></blockquote>

how do you know he didn't buy it for 1999 like it was at the end of its life?

and if it were 10000 you think that's bad?

My PowerMac 9500 180/MP originally cost something like 9,600 dollars in the config I have but I picked it up on eBay last year for 350.

TAMs go for 1000 especially with a G3. load BeOS 5 Pro on that baby and you have one helluva computer