MOH:AA at 1280 x 854?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just noticed... There's no specific place to post about games here... Neway, neone know of a way you can play MOH:AA at 1280 x 854 on a 15.2 PB screen? The black lines on the side of my display when I play at 800 x 600 really irk me. Why didn't Aspyr provide support for resolutions for the 15.2 PB? Duh!

There aren't any relevant updates on the Aspyr website. I was wondering if there was some kind of clever hackey-terminaly-thingy-ma-jig I could do?

Just stretching my display is a bit crap...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Game posts go in Software and I unfortunately do not and probably surmise there is no solution to your resolution dilemma.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I imagine your getting black lines due to your only setting the game res and not the res for your screen. Go into sys prefs and adjust the res for your screen before starting moh.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Moving to Software.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    doesnt mohaa use a .cfg file like any other quake based games? if so, i believe there is a cvar that allows you to choose a custom resolution. thats about all i know, sorry i couldnt be more help
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Duh! Yeah, this goes in Software. Of course. cybermonkey, [Edit:] there is no choice about the black lines on the side. Whatever I set my Desktop resolution to, MOH:AA does its own resolution within the game!

I was hoping someone would know how to 'fix' MOH:AA itself so that I could play it at true 1280 x 854. ThunderPoit , wtf are .cfg and cvar? Even if they don't help

Thanks
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

Duh! Yeah, this goes in Software. Of course. cybermonkey, [Edit:] there is no choice about the black lines on the side. Whatever I set my Desktop resolution to, MOH:AA does its own resolution within the game!

I was hoping someone would know how to 'fix' MOH:AA itself so that I could play it at true 1280 x 854. ThunderPoit , wtf are .cfg and cvar? Even if they don't help

Thanks

a .cfg file is a configuration file for quake 3 arena, and possibly other quake based games (like mohaa)

check ~/library/application support and see if mohaa has a file in there, it would have the extention .cfg

a cvar is any of the settings applied to the game, like cg_drawFPS 1 to draw the framerate in the game. I have never played MOHAA on the mac, so i do not know if it works the same. i also do not know the cvar for the resolution, you'll have to look that up on your own, sorry.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Thanks Tunderpoit, I'll look into it.