Can't believe the resell price of the Rev D iMac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I did search about the current resell value of the Rev D SE iMac that my dad wants to use to trade for the new iLamp

Shocking.....shocking....shocking....the current value is so f*cking low

$900 CDN! :eek:

That's for the Graphite DV SE, 400Mhz G3, 384MB RAM, 40GB HD. Apple Care til Aug 2003.

Yeah...the 'new' low end CRT Mac comes with 500Mhz G3, 128MB RAM and sells for $1199 CDN.....no wonder why my dad's iMac' value is so low.....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    How much is that in US$?

I bet i can get $550 for my DVSE
  • Reply 2 of 15
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    you mean revision e

BTW, what were you expecting?
  • Reply 3 of 15
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>you mean revision e

BTW, what were you expecting?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You think that's a reasonable price? I think it should be at least a little lower considering that the new iMacs are out and the CRT iMacs are pretty cheap.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

You think that's a reasonable price? I think it should be at least a little lower considering that the new iMacs are out and the CRT iMacs are pretty cheap.</strong><hr></blockquote>

no, I think that is a very expensive price for the machine.

I wouldn't pay over 450 for it. not sure what that coverts into CAN
  • Reply 5 of 15
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    After currency exchange it's around $570 US.

Usually Mac is more expensive in Canada so please don't use your US standard

I have seen some people paying $1000 for the Rev B (The Bondi Blue one) iMac a month ago :eek:

EDIT: That 1000 bucks is CANADIAN DOLLARS....roughly $640 US

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 15
    arielariel Posts: 46member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>

I have seen some people paying $1000 for the Rev B (The Bondi Blue one) iMac a month ago :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

NO WAY! WHERE???? I've got one of those to sell! I thought I'd be lucky to get $200 for it

Ariel

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Ariel ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Ariel:

<strong>

NO WAY! WHERE???? I've got one of those to sell! I thought I'd be lucky to get $200 for it

Ariel

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Ariel ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm in Canada and I have seen people TRYING to sell their old imacs for $1000, but I don't think they actually sell. People seem to think that since they paid $2000 4 years ago that $1000 is a fair price now. I have a 400MZ DV that I'm selling with an external CDRW and I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get $900. ($550US)
  • Reply 8 of 15
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Ha Ha...

I'm selling my DVSE (1999/DVD/400MHz) for $700 US. I believe a new one with better features costs $799.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member

<strong>

Ariel

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Ariel ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

In consignment shop.

Many people don't do research and they thought it was a fair price

Sometime people just don't know shit about what they are thinking.... :eek:
  • Reply 10 of 15
    neomacneomac Posts: 145member
    Buying a computer, any computer, is the equivelant of taking your wallet and throwing it into a shredder ... only you lose your money slower in the shredder.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: NeoMac ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 15
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>

I have seen some people paying $1000 for the Rev B (The Bondi Blue one) iMac a month ago :eek:

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's just crazy!!! :eek:
  • Reply 12 of 15
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member

<strong>I've got one of those to sell! I thought I'd be lucky to get $200 for it

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's why my Bondi Rev.A is still chugging along as our main desktop computer. Even if you try to donate a four year-old Mac you're going to have a hard time. It's outright humiliating, both to me and my Bondi Beauty.

More recent Macs, especially in the consumer lines (i.e. iMac and iBook) have offered such good value that the resale price of older models has started dropping almost as fast as for Wintel boxes. It's sad but true. But I wouldn't have it any other way. After all we want Apple to innovate quickly and offer good value systems.

Escher
  • Reply 13 of 15
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I wouldn't expect to get more than $350-$400 (USD) for our rev d blueberry iMac. But that's the way life is...

How much do you think you could get for one of those gateway all-in-one funky bubble computers?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    In fact, here it is on ebay:

Gateway Astro all-in-one PC: Celeron 400 MHz, 64 MB RAM, 15" monitor+speakers,40x CD. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1324286221"; target="_blank">link</a>

Currently going for $150 but that's minus a HD, KB & mouse. I wouldn't expect a complete system to get higher than $225.

So our imac prices are still a good deal.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I'm in the market for a used iMac (snow or graphite) but I'm going to wait a while.

These are classic designs which I would love to have just as an extra one in the bedroom or in the attic.

I'm sure prices will continue to drop once the new iMac is actually available.

I'll pick one up when the price of the lastest (version whatever) sells for between $700 or so Cdn.(or $450 US)