AlBook Speakers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am looking for speakers that will give me some louder sounds while I am portable. Ideally I could cary them in the same bag as my PowerBook. Just to straighten a few things out before I ask for your advice, how big are the soundsticks, how good is the quality, and is the only 20watt 6inch iSub any good at all (obviously I wouldn't carry the sub)? The Apple Pro Speakers or whatever won't work with my powerbook will they, are they only digital audio that was on the QS G4's?

So any advice or suggestions would do nicely

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I would get a nice pair of headphones. Unless you need to play stuff for a group of people while on the road, headphones are a great idea.

Most "portable" speakers are crap unless you are willing to invest a large sum of money in them. "Portable" speakers most often run off a 9v battery which can be a pain to replace every few hours of play. A friend of mine uses old "tin box" computer speakers for his cd player, they run right off the speaker line and sound like crap but it is funny to see people look puzzled at him when he is walking down the street with music pumping out of his backpack.

So yah get a good pair of headphones.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    They don't have to be portable that would just be nice, didn't know if there were any portable that didn't suck.

I am looking at SoundSticks with the iSub...is this a good choice or just a waste of money for style?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Sound sticks will not work for you if you don't want to carry the sub. The sticks are hardwired into the sub, no way to disconnect them. The sub plugs into your USB port. If you want okay sound check out Apple's Pro speakers, nothing great about them, but they are light, easy to use and give good sound for their size. Otherwise, spring for a pair of noise canceling headphones.

Edit:

If you aren't going to be carrying them around, go for the Sound Sticks, good value, good sound. Nice speakers all around, just not portable.