Bush gives interview to Tabloid Newspaper...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
EXCLUSIVE! Bush: "Your Troops Did Not Die in Vain!"

Yes, in another attempt to "go over the heads of the filter" (paraphrased) of the badly-biased major U.S. newspapers, President Bush has given his only one-on-one interview this year to a U.K. tabloid newspaper. The fact that The Sun routinely publishes pictures of topless women on it's famous Page 3 section notwithstanding, I think it's a good idea. Why give an interview to the The New York Times, Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal when you can reach "a large readership" according to Press Secretary Scott McClellan. If that fact gives you pause, it's shouldn't. Who cares that all major U.S. newspapers have large readerships as well when you can talk to a truly sympathetic newspaper. Critical media be damned! President Bush is going to talk to local newscasters and tabloid magazines as well he should! True egalitarian spirit if you ask me.

Quote:

"President Bush sent a heartfelt message to the British people yesterday: Your troops killed in Iraq did not die in vain."

Those are the facts of life. Troops die, but Bush is all heart. Can't disagree with that.

Quote:

Mr Bush spoke movingly of the grief suffered by families of Allied soldiers killed while fighting the war on terror.

Just the facts, ma'am: Bush spoke movingly.

Quote:

?Nobody likes war. See, I understand the consequences of war. I understand particularly when I go and hug the moms and dads and brothers and sisters and sons and daughters of those who died. I can see also the consequences of NOT acting, of hoping for the best in the face of tyrannical killers.?

It doesn't need to be said...but Bush is speaking movingly here.

Quote:

Mr Bush then told me: ?I want your readers to know the military is my LAST choice, not first choice.?

On an optimistic note President Bush assumes Page 3 readers actually read the articles! Jolly good way to respect the intelligence of the common man in the face of so much doubt. It cannot be said that President Bush lacks resolve.

Quote:

"Not only are we chasing down people and bringing them to justice, but there are schools being built, orphanages opened, hospitals supplied, thanks to compassionate British troops and American troops. These are honourable people.?

Note: it appears the English have no word for "duty."

Quote:

I then asked President Bush the question asked recently by thousands of Sun readers: Is the world a safer place since the war in Iraq? He replied: ?Yes, much safer. The free world has recognised the threat.

The question was actually second most asked by Sun readers. The first being why Krystle waited until this summer to go topless on the beach.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Give Bush a break. Obviously he did this interview with The Sun because he reads Page 3 just like the rest of us.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Give Bush a break. Obviously he did this interview with The Sun because he reads Page 3 just like the rest of us.

I heard Bush gets his Page 3 news from his staff. Wait a second...
  • Reply 3 of 12
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

I heard Bush gets his Page 3 news from his staff. Wait a second...

Who? Rice?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    "Scary development down in Washington yesterday. A small plane entered White House airspace. It's always scary when that happens. President Bush was rushed to an undisclosed fundraiser." ?David Letterman

"Today was Veteran's Day, a day to honor those brave Americans who have fought to defend our country ? or in our president's case, a day to freak them out. President Bush commemorated Veteran's Day by attending a ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery, then signing the National Cemetery Expansion Act, which basically establishes new burial grounds for veterans. So happy Veteran's Day ? we wanted to give you health insurance but ..." ?Jon Stewart
  • Reply 5 of 12
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Oh look Mommy...another anti-Bush thread!
  • Reply 6 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I spent all my fake outrage on Clinton. Sorry.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Dean?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    This is just embarrassing: Prez in Topless Tabloid (Washington Post)

But the Sun is so much more than breasts. It is also reporting this week on a woman who is "made of two women" and "is NOT the biological mother of two of the children she conceived and had naturally." Other news items highlighted on the Sun's Web site: "Man begins 12-day sausage, bean and chip bath to promote Brit food," "German saboteurs plotted to bomb Palace with peas in WW2, files reveal," and "Sobbing islanders say sorry to the ancestor of minister eaten by natives."

Restore dignity to the White House? Maybe next term!

By the way, RUPERT MURDOCH just happens to own The Sun...
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

This is just embarrassing: Prez in Topless Tabloid (Washington Post)

But the Sun is so much more than breasts. It is also reporting this week on a woman who is "made of two women" and "is NOT the biological mother of two of the children she conceived and had naturally." Other news items highlighted on the Sun's Web site: "Man begins 12-day sausage, bean and chip bath to promote Brit food," "German saboteurs plotted to bomb Palace with peas in WW2, files reveal," and "Sobbing islanders say sorry to the ancestor of minister eaten by natives."

Restore dignity to the White House? Maybe next term!

By the way, RUPERT MURDOCH just happens to own The Sun...

Hey Shawn, What's wrong with a little "Austin" Powers" ? Bush used to work from Austin, he has the powers of the US military and now the sex twist with this interview in Britain of all places!!!!

Fellows
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Hey Shawn, What's wrong with a little "Austin" Powers" ? Bush used to work from Austin, he has the powers of the US military and now the sex twist with this interview in Britain of all places!!!!

Fellows

Absolutely nothing at all. It's fitting that a caricature of a president imitates a caricature of a secret agent by giving a mockery of an interview to a mockery of a newspaper. Say that 5 times fast...
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Absolutely nothing at all. It's fitting that a caricature of a president imitates a caricature of a secret agent by giving a mockery of an interview to a mockery of a newspaper. Say that 5 times fast...

What is this?

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hmmm looks like 20 candles

Happy Birthday ya little stinker!

Fellows