Rush Limbaugh and his first day back

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I missed it. I am not a dittohead but I listen to him at least once a month. I think he is a good radio personality no matter politics. I was just curious as to what he would say about his month long treatment for his drug abuse.

I am glad he has a sense of humor about himself

Quote:

What's gone on here since I've been gone? So I see that Ted Kennedy called a bunch of highly respected minorities "Neanderthals." The fact that Ted Kennedy is still in the Senate and hasn't been forced to resign, means that nothing's changed.

It's just a good thing Senator Kennedy didn't say it on ESPN, or he might have resigned.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...aks.guest.html

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    thttht Posts: 5,447member
    I thought RL's exit from ESPN was the confluence of Tom Jackson saying "he goes or I go" and his month-long absence due to rehab. And look, the Eagles are tied for the division lead.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Didn't care about him before he left ... don't care about him now that he's back.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    hehe that's funny... RUSH IS A NEANDERTHAL.

Umm... 3 of those nominees were women... is that the latest slander of women? neanderthal?

it's clear he meant reactionary conservatives.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    hehe... nothin like a little late night posting.

http://www.msnbc.com/comics/daily.asp?sFile=db031116
  • Reply 5 of 9
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    I'm Going To Be The Best Me That I Can Be

http://rogerailes.blogspot.com/2003_...13102157667846

"I can no longer try to live my life by making other people happy. I can no longer turn over the power of my feelings to anybody else, which is what I have done a lot of my life. I have thought that I had to be this way or that way in order to be liked or appreciated or understood - and in the process, I denied myself who I was and I denied the other people I was talking to and relating with who I really am, and that isn't good. " -- Rush Limbo

"You can boil it down to one real simple essence: I can't be responsible for anybody's happiness but my own, and if I allow somebody else the power to determine my happiness, then...well...that's something I don't want to do. I can't do any longer. I put myself first. Doesn't mean be rudely selfish. It just means I can't depend on other people to make me happy. I have to do that myself." -- Stuart Smalley, Stuart Saves His Family

So "Stuart's" problem is that he isn't egotistical enough. Who
  • Reply 6 of 9
    i'm good enough, i'm smart enough; and, gosh darnit, people like me.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

Uh oh, chu-bakka struck down in mid post.

Let me take a shot at his dying words:

"Who.....woulda thunk it?"
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

I'm Going To Be The Best Me That I Can Be

http://rogerailes.blogspot.com/2003_...13102157667846

"I can no longer try to live my life by making other people happy. I can no longer turn over the power of my feelings to anybody else, which is what I have done a lot of my life. I have thought that I had to be this way or that way in order to be liked or appreciated or understood - and in the process, I denied myself who I was and I denied the other people I was talking to and relating with who I really am, and that isn't good. " -- Rush Limbo

"You can boil it down to one real simple essence: I can't be responsible for anybody's happiness but my own, and if I allow somebody else the power to determine my happiness, then...well...that's something I don't want to do. I can't do any longer. I put myself first. Doesn't mean be rudely selfish. It just means I can't depend on other people to make me happy. I have to do that myself." -- Stuart Smalley, Stuart Saves His Family

That's just too damn funny.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    And now some words of my own.

This isn't Rush's first go at treatment, only his latest and most public. I wonder if it's his last?

As I posted when the story first broke, my experience with addiction and recovery suggest that he hasn't really made the hard changes that people who stay stopped manage to make. It's a lifelong process, and it requires sizable chunks of humility, compassion, and forgiveness.

My guess is that we haven't heard the last of Mr. Limbaugh's travails. And as much as I dislike his message, I say that with real sympathy.