OS 9 to Panther: Upgrading Office

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm moving from OS 9, where I'm presently using Office 98, to Panther. There seems to be two upgrade paths, v.X Standard Upgrade at $215.95 and Student/Teacher at $139.95. What's the difference between the two and what kind of verification do you need for the Student/Teacher edition?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Go in to a store with your iPod and copy the whole Office X folder. It will just work, yay for Macs! they don't deserve money. They are going to make a music store to kill iTunes Music Store and they must be punished. Unfortunate for people that work in the MacBU. It must be hell.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Go in to a store with your iPod and copy the whole Office X folder. It will just work, yay for Macs! they don't deserve money. They are going to make a music store to kill iTunes Music Store and they must be punished. Unfortunate for people that work in the MacBU. It must be hell.

Uuuhhh....what?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Student/Teacher edition is basically the same as the standard edition, with a few less options. Unless you are a ?power user? of office get the cheaper one.

All I had to do is show my student ID in order to receive the discount. This worked when I bought Panther for $69.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Actually, the Student/Teacher and the Standard versions are exactly the same, except that box looks different.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

you can also screw ms without breaking any laws: openoffice.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    I think you can get the student/teacher edition for $99. Amazon.com, was it?