How to Return a Single 1.8 Ghz G5

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I was able to return the single 1.8 Ghz G5 that I purchased on the "Night of Panther" (October 24th). Since I bought the G5 at a retail Apple Store, I got a Pro Card (I think that was the name). The Pro Card offers a 30-day return policy with no restocking fees. Since I was within that period, I was able to return the computer with no questions asked.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    c-bearc-bear Posts: 111member
    Uh, okay...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by C-Bear

Uh, okay...

Sketchnet is talking about the poor souls that got single-processor 1.8s. Like me.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by sketchnet

I was able to return the single 1.8 Ghz G5 that I purchased on the "Night of Panther" (October 24th). Since I bought the G5 at a retail Apple Store, I got a Pro Card (I think that was the name). The Pro Card offers a 30-day return policy with no restocking fees. Since I was within that period, I was able to return the computer with no questions asked.

How do returns work through Apple's online store?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by dferigmu

How do returns work through Apple's online store?

I think the 30-day return policy only applies to Power Card holders and I believe that the Power Cards are only available to customers who purchased a G5 at a retail Apple Store. I don't think that the cards were offered with online purchases. It wouldn't hurt to call Apple and see what your options are.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I checked and the card is actually called a Pro Card. You can learn more about the program here:

http://www.apple.com/retail/procard/
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I don't have a Pro card.. and I bought mine in the beginning of October.. so this probably won't work for me...
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Sketchnet is talking about the poor souls that got single-processor 1.8s. Like me.

How about the guys who bought iMacs 2 months ago?

Or the guys who had a month or two old PowerBooks before the last refresh? Deal with it.

Waa waa.

You own a freaking G5. You are SOOOO hard up. It's still a monster, dude.

• Reply 8 of 11
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clayton Magnet

How about the guys who bought iMacs 2 months ago?

Or the guys who had a month or two old PowerBooks before the last refresh? Deal with it.

Waa waa.

You own a freaking G5. You are SOOOO hard up. It's still a monster, dude.

Hey, have some compassion. They're "monster" practically doubled in performance! (okay not exactly but you know what I mean).

Most who purchase expect to lose a couple hundred megahertz in time, but not a freakin' processor!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Yeah, I guess you're right. My dual 867 was only "new" for a couple of months, my PC was new for about a week

It's just technology. I was going through old emails today and found one from Apple dated September 9:

"The new iMac. Upgrade now."

And now 2 months later you can get a 20"...
  • Reply 10 of 11
    c-bearc-bear Posts: 111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Ah...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Anyone who is unhappy with their single 1.8 G5, send it my way! I can't pay much, but since your unhappy than you probably won't charge much, right?