President Gates or President Jobs ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just for fun..

List your reasons for voting for one or the other. ( I will be so bold as to assume Gates will run on a Republican ticket, while Jobs will run with the Democrats).

So given that scenario, who would win at the polling booth....?

Ps : to anyone who wants to poo poo this idea...its just fun..and besides someone out there must have voted for Arnie & that is pretty unreal.

So this has got as good a chance as anything else in American politics...

Mods : Feel free to move this post if you think it fits better in AO..I just wasn't too sure..so I put it here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You're going to make me vote for Nader with that line up.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Gates.

He will rule the world anyway.

• Reply 3 of 13
    But do you want your president to take over the world? Or do you want him/her to make your corner of the globe the coolest/best country, one that everyone else wants to emigrate to?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Rule the world... I dont like the idea of being better/cooler... all counries should be equal in coolness... thus one large country would be a quick fix to the problem.

BUT I AM ONLY APPLYING THIS THOUGHT TO ThE THREAD... REAL LIFE IS A DIFFERENT STORY.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

You're going to make me vote for Nader with that line up.

I thought he was last seen being stuffed into an unmarked V W.....while on his way to deliver a speech entitled...

" Holding your breathe will save the Ozone "

• Reply 6 of 13
    Well the Jobs universe will obviously have better security than the Gates one.

zero known virus "terrorists" vs. 71,000 known worms/trojans/virus threats... duh

In the Gates world, any hiccough in one industry the will crash the whole economy,

not so much a presidential seal as a blue screen of death...

while in the Jobs world, the Presidential desk will have a "Force Quit" option per industrial process.

The Gates Presidency might name Steve Ballmer to State or Defense. Monkeyboy as diplomat?

The Jobs Presidency might name Phil Shiller as UN Ambassador. hmmmm...

Jonathan Ive might redesign Air Force One/Military (speed holes or mesh not good for subs).

The Gates universe would leave all design tasks to Gateway or Dell. Plastic shares soar.

The Jobs nation would autodetect/discover/configure relations with compatible countries.

The Gates nation would require you to install drivers and translators first, but...

adding relations with one country might unexpectedly bork stable relations with existing ones
  • Reply 7 of 13
    WOZ FOR PRESIDENT!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Well being the good republican I am, I would vote Jobs. Comeon, Gates as prez? Pfffft.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Well being the good republican I am, I would vote Jobs. Comeon, Gates as prez? Pfffft.

Jobs is a democrat

• Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Jobs is a democrat

That's the metphor at work.

I actually think that both Bill and Steve are dems. . . At least Steve isn't the generic, boring kind of dem.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

WOZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Actually that would kind of make sense.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Well the Jobs universe will obviously have better security than the Gates one.

zero known virus "terrorists" vs. 71,000 known worms/trojans/virus threats... duh

In the Gates world, any hiccough in one industry the will crash the whole economy,

not so much a presidential seal as a blue screen of death...

while in the Jobs world, the Presidential desk will have a "Force Quit" option per industrial process.

The Gates Presidency might name Steve Ballmer to State or Defense. Monkeyboy as diplomat?

The Jobs Presidency might name Phil Shiller as UN Ambassador. hmmmm...

Jonathan Ive might redesign Air Force One/Military (speed holes or mesh not good for subs).

The Gates universe would leave all design tasks to Gateway or Dell. Plastic shares soar.

The Jobs nation would autodetect/discover/configure relations with compatible countries.

The Gates nation would require you to install drivers and translators first, but...

adding relations with one country might unexpectedly bork stable relations with existing ones

• Reply 13 of 13
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Wars against smaller, foreign markets while the home ports and borders are open to security breaches.

People with the stock options are getting richer; the permanent temps get shafted.

"You're either with us or against us."

Face it people, America already is the Microsoft Nation.

Screed