Reverse-order printing?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Something strange just happened (in this case, I'm glad it did.) I went to print an article from Wired.com, and the 11 pages came out in reverse order so that page 1 was on top and I didn't need to reshuffle the pages after I grabbed them off the printer. This is the first time it's ever happened, and I didn't check some option in the Print dialog or anywhere saying I wanted that. I've got an Epson C60 and I'm running Panther. Is that a new feature in Panther?

Or maybe I did check some option. Is that what "Collate" does if you only print one copy?

Otherwise, did Wired.com somehow send the pages to my printer in reverse order or something?

Apologies if this should be in Genius Bar. I figured it was more general and not a troubleshooting question.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    New feature with 10.3.

I noticed this a while ago too when I was printing a 9-page report and saw that I didn't have to reorganize the pages. Kudos to Apple!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

New feature with 10.3.

I noticed this a while ago too when I was printing a 9-page report and saw that I didn't have to reorganize the pages. Kudos to Apple!

What about if you have a laser printer that puts the pages out upside down - so they're normally in the right order anyway? Would the panther feature cause such printers to put the pages in the wrong order? Or is it smart enough to know which printers it needs to reverse?

Amorya
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Amorya, when you go to print, there's a pop-up menu that has a number of printer options. It starts out on "Copies & Pages". If you go to "Paper Handling", you'll notice there's an option to "Reverse page order", which it seems is checked by default. Just uncheck the box, and you should be on your way.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

Amorya, when you go to print, there's a pop-up menu that has a number of printer options. It starts out on "Copies & Pages". If you go to "Paper Handling", you'll notice there's an option to "Reverse page order", which it seems is checked by default. Just uncheck the box, and you should be on your way.

Cool, thanks.

I don't actually own a printer that needs it (mine's a standard HP inkjet), I just wondered for future reference. (Like if I ever take my laptop to the campus computer centre).

Should have known Apple would implement it in an intelligent way

Amorya
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Chalk another one up in the Apple rules column. I'm continually more impressed by this company and its innovations. Keep up the awesome work Apple!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Well... that checkbox was there in 10.2 too, the only difference being that it didn't work. \

New feature, my ass. Finally bug-free pre 10.3 working feature, hell yeah!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jekbraajekbraa Posts: 5member
    .If you are printing any article or other work .there's a pop-up menu that has a number of printer options.This is the first time it ever happened I did not check the option in the Print dialog box or any that I would like to.