Dirty iPod Tricks

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
/.

apparently a fad has started where iPod users seek each other out, and for about 30s plug their headphones into eachothers' jacks. sounds like it could be a cool thing. then again, i'm bound to find a whole slew of assholes who listen to shit. i think i would feel dirty if i tried too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    this is a GREAT idea. if anyone tries this, please post and let us know how it went. i'll try it around campus sometime.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Couldn't my iPod catch a virus this way?

Maybe apple should sell little rubbers.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    I'm super-protective about my iPod. One dude picked mine up to see what I was listening to (on the screen), and I just freaked.

Barto
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Yeah, if I had an iPod I wouldn't want no one else touching it. Sounds like an okay idea to me, but it's not for me. I am exposed to a huge variety of music as is, I don't need to know that everyone is listening to some sort of crap rock from the past 5 years. A good majority of 90's and 2000's music has sucked.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    If anyone walks up to me and reaches for my iPod, I'll punch them in the face..... unless it's a girl, then I'll punch her in the tits.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

unless it's a girl, then I'll punch her in the tits.

Enjoy your stay in prison... but hey, you obviously aren't interested in attracting females in the first place, so maybe you won't miss them.

Barto
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

you obviously aren't interested in attracting females

Barto

I already have one.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Hehhe I saw a guy today with the tell tale phones in his ear and I thought about the story on wired, I didnt have my ipod with me otherwise I would have tried
  • Reply 9 of 23
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    It'd be a great way to meet a girl, but I think we should all be cautious about doing this because there are now Windows users with iPods.

Just remember that.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    and use a condom.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    it's funny, I see A LOT of iPods out here in Boston. I just got mine, but so far I haven't gone out on the streets with the iPod headphones.

I don't really want much attention drawn to my $300 toy
  • Reply 12 of 23
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    this is the reason I carry a headphone splitter

use it all the time.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    That Article had some GREAT ideas in it.

Wireless iPod music sharing, similar to iTunes sharing, people can set aside music to share, which appears on any other pods in the area to access.

hehehe

although that kind of negates the social aspect of Pod sharing in the first place

but it's still a neat idea.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

That Article had some GREAT ideas in it.

Wireless iPod music sharing, similar to iTunes sharing, people can set aside music to share, which appears on any other pods in the area to access.

hehehe

although that kind of negates the social aspect of Pod sharing in the first place

but it's still a neat idea.

The best part of that idea, if it was implemented via wi-fi, is that some enterprising soul would write a nice program for my powerbook which would allow me to rapidly increase my iTunes library.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    wi-fi would be cool but like it has been said..i think i would feel sightly (or more than slightly) violated
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Apple should come out with a dock to dock cable. Plug two iPods together, and start mixing and scratching! How COOL would that be!?

Barto
  • Reply 18 of 23
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

this is the reason I carry a headphone splitter

use it all the time.

Slut!

• Reply 19 of 23
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Slut!

don't be jealous of all the play I get
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

they already do that.

Nah, you have to use a mixer. And even then, you can't scratch on your iPod.

Barto