Good portable spekaers for my powerbook...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Any suggestons for good portable speakers for my Powerbook? Something that can be safely storeed away in a back pack when traveling with my Powerbook. The speakers are great on my Ti but just don't have the punch external speakers would provde especially if showing a film clip to clients.

how bout those small apple speakers that look like little balls?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I asked the same question in this thread, so I hope that may be a slight help. I don't know how big the Apple Pro Speakers are so I don't know if I want to get them yet.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    The Pro Speakers are small but I don't know that they'd be the best thing for carrying around in a backpack. Sony make folding travel speakers for a similar price. They run off battery and mains. Never heard them but they get OK reviews. I think they're on Apple's website. Bose Media Mates if quality as well as portability is a concern (but have your cheque book handy).

http://bose-media-mate-computer-spea...fe--store.com/

If you can sacrifice some portability and if you'll have access to mains power when you're using them, be done with it and get a set of powered speakers. If you own an iPod keep in mind that if you go with the powered option you can use them with the pod as well.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Well, Id go for the Apple Pro Speakers, and of course, an iFire to run them. The Pro Speakers come with grills, and I would certainly use them to protect the speaker.

The speakers that came with the cube were USB and the cube was designed to supply extra power on its usb port to power them. At least one person here has posted that these speakers worked when they plugged them into their iBook. You might be able to get a set second hand or EOL.

I havent been able to find any serious speakers that are designed for laptops. You would think that it would be no big deal to make some firewire powered speakers, but it hasnt happened.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    I ended up purchasing the Pro Speakers and the iFire adapter.

The Pro Speakers just look really cool next to my Ti.

And they're loud and clear enough for me.

And the fact that they don't need external power made the purchase that much easier.

The simplicity of it is key.