Favorite Apple Executive?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Which is your favourite Apple Executive and why?

Edit: err... I meant executive. Can a mod change thread name?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    blablablabla Posts: 185member
    Fred, the only executive survivor from the Gil Period.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    3 votes and Steve has 0!!

Amazing.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Avie all the way!
  • Reply 4 of 15
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by soulcrusher

3 votes and Steve has 0!!

Amazing.

oh - i just didn't notice that he's also on the list *lol* ... can i give a second vote ... no, really - i like steve jobs too and his style of talking about his ideas. did you listen to the Q & A of the Annual Analyst Meeting? t was just plain fun to hear about his opinion about the microsoft media station ideas ...
  • Reply 5 of 15
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Schiller. Why? Because while monkeyboy is dancing around to the tunes of music he doesn´t understand schiller makes the jump for Airport
  • Reply 6 of 15
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Avie is popular

I guess people really like Mac OS X
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Steve Jobs: 0/9

[fan boy mode]This poll is biased, we all know SJ is God. To label him as an executive is demeaning and hence will not vote for him[/fan boy mode]

Personally I think SJ is the driving force of Apple and demands the best out of people. Without him Apple would be a shadow of its current state.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Jonahtan Ive r0x0rs! Teh Pwoer Mca G5 r0x0rs! W00t!
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Personally I think SJ is the driving force of Apple and demands the best out of people. Without him Apple would be a shadow of its current state.

Apple would not be a shadow of its current self, it wouldn't exsist. SJ brought it back when it was on the verge of going south. How many people's stock brokers told them to not invest in Apple in 1996 because they "weren't going to make it". Steve is, and always has been the best.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    schiller because he went to my college

2nd would be avie then steve then fred then ive...

how pathetic is this... its just a computer company! (laughing at self more then everyone else... but rest assured I'm laughing AT you too)
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

schiller because he went to my college

2nd would be avie then steve then fred then ive...

how pathetic is this... its just a computer company! (laughing at self more then everyone else... but rest assured I'm laughing AT you too)

I mean come on, the stupid jocks get to chose they favourite [insert idiotic sport here] player, why can't we do the same thing with the computer company we love?
  • Reply 12 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Is Avie even really an executive? He took a diminished role as Chief Software Technology Officer or something this year.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    mccrabmccrab Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Is Avie even really an executive? He took a diminished role as Chief Software Technology Officer or something this year.

I read this as a promotion because at the time it happened, OS X was more or less completed - also, it looked like a broadening of the role away from "simply" OS related development. Also worth noting that Gates became Chief Software Architect, a not dissimilar title, a couple of years ago.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by McCrab

I read this as a promotion because at the time it happened, OS X was more or less completed - also, it looked like a broadening of the role away from "simply" OS related development. Also worth noting that Gates became Chief Software Architect, a not dissimilar title, a couple of years ago.

His previous title was Vice President of Software Engineering, Serlet's current position. That never implied being "OS only." Chief Software Technology Officer sounds more like a hands-on position rather than a political one.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    I voted for Phil.

peace out