iBook 14" display not sharp enough?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi, a freshly converted friend just bought a new iBook with 14" display and reports that when typing a text it would appear unsharp. Resolution: 1024 X 768. Also: The tolerance when watching the screen from a slightly different angle seems to be bad. Any users who can report on their experience?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Looked fine to me at my dealer.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    I don't know peresonally I have not seen the new iBook. But I do know that 1024 X 768 works just fine on my 13.8 inch viewable iMac screen.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I don't think it's sharp enough either. I've played with it a lot at the Apple Store and the 12" iBooks look a lot better I think.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    EmAn -

I agree. The 14" iBook looked like it was put together very half ass to me.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    I haven't tried the 14" iBook, but I own a 12" one. And all I can say is - Its sharp as a motherf****r.

I really don't think that the 14" is so bad thou, but I can't be sure until i try it
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I have a PowerBook G3 (Pismo) with a 14" display and I was thinking of changing to a new iBook with the 12" display.

I have played around with the 12" iBook and think the anti-aliasing on OS X looks better on the smaller display.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I haven't noticed anything. Sure, everything looks bigger on the 14"...doesn't mean it's less sharp.

As far as construction goes, the 14" iBook feels just like a 12"...very friggin sturdy. It's like a brick.