New MSN Hotmail...for those that care

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Microsoft has launched in some form the new Hotmail service.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    iwantiwant Posts: 14member
    its still not a great service, but it looks better than before. But i was kind of shocked when i went to check on my mail several hours ago and it was well different. Althou improved it still has a lot of ways to go and i should probably set myself up a apple mail account or whatever that software is called when i get my powerbook.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I dislike hotmail. I totally prefer my .Mac email as well as my own email accounts. I do still have a couple hotmail accounts that I use and this at least will make dealing with them more bearable.

I just thought I would let people know about it.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    the UI is slightly better, but I don't like when they move things around, messes with my muscle memory
  • Reply 4 of 14
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

the UI is slightly better, but I don't like when they move things around, messes with my muscle memory

Yes... The MSN-Hotmail-user-auto-scan detected that I was navigating the hotmail site too quickly, having finally adjusted to the last major revision, and thusly was not staring at the advertisements long enough. A crack team of Microsoft engineers immediately set out to correct the problem and now we can all enjoy the fruits of their labors.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    yea. looks different, but still if you DO have any REAL emais they are in the junk mail folder. and that folder has still the annoying javascrpt "are you sure?"
  • Reply 6 of 14
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    I use MSN Hotmail. (No, I have not committed a sin!)
  • Reply 7 of 14
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    I CANNOT USE TABS WITH MY E-MAIL MESSAGES
  • Reply 8 of 14
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryaxnb

I CANNOT USE TABS WITH MY E-MAIL MESSAGES

eh?

I use Hotmail in Safari...
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

yea. looks different, but still if you DO have any REAL emais they are in the junk mail folder. and that folder has still the annoying javascrpt "are you sure?"

I especially enjoy the fact that you can no longer simply click on your inBox or your junk mail. Now you have to click the mail tab, and then click whatever folder you want.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guartho

I especially enjoy the fact that you can no longer simply click on your inBox or your junk mail. Now you have to click the mail tab, and then click whatever folder you want.

go into OPTIONS and in the Personal area there is also an option to revert to "classic" tab view.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Oh very office 2003
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

go into OPTIONS and in the Personal area there is also an option to revert to "classic" tab view.

Yay... thanks.. back to hotmail to tweak my settings.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    I dislike hotmail too, but I use it for all of those "people" who insist on having my email and send me crap all the time, like my Grandma. I taught her to use her comptuer, at the good age of 80? and she is pretty proficient. Only problem now is, we can't get her off of it! She constantly sends us mail, news and personal notes all the same. She is almost like a CNN spam for the family. I keep my .mac for friends who don't spam and for job hunting, etc. That is the difference my friends. Hotmail is my .mac account's sanity.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tommy_thompson

I dislike hotmail too, but I use it for all of those "people" who insist on having my email and send me crap all the time [snip]... I keep my .mac for friends who don't spam and for job hunting, etc. That is the difference my friends. Hotmail is my .mac account's sanity.

sound advice there folks!