How long to burn dvd with iDVD?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm burning my first ever DVD and so far, it's taking about 1.2hrs to burn 15 minutes of video. When I click on the iDVD app, all I see is the beachball spnning.

My question to anyone who has used iDVD is approx how long does it take to make a 1hr DVD? (I'm using a sawtooth G4 @ 450MHz, 1GB ram, and a brand new Pioneer DVR 106D superdrive.)

Thanks in advance to all who answer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    That's probably correct. I can't remember how long exactly, but it does take a while to make a DVD. I think the old 733 MHZ could do a 90 minute movie in 90 minutes.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by sc_markt

I'm burning my first ever DVD and so far, it's taking about 1.2hrs to burn 15 minutes of video. When I click on the iDVD app, all I see is the beachball spnning.

My question to anyone who has used iDVD is approx how long does it take to make a 1hr DVD? (I'm using a sawtooth G4 @ 450MHz, 1GB ram, and a brand new Pioneer DVR 106D superdrive.)

Thanks in advance to all who answer.

Your problem may not be the burning itself, but the Video compression. Depending on the format of the movies you use iDVD has to convert/compress there to a different video standard: read you need an awful lot of CPU power!