Please...Banners With Noise Must Go.

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Well, crap. After the whole fiasco with the evil Flash Crashers I thought AI was a safe place again. I was wrong. I got hit with some entirely obnoxious beast a minute ago. Something LOUD and EVIL....and something to do about TVs. I really couldn't say for sure. It was so startling my reflexes hit 'Command+W' before I could truly discern what it was on about.

Please. Can we make it so that the banners involved in AI have a 'no noise' policy. The bleeping rabbits were bad enough (it took me forever to figure out that my machine wasn't about to implode), but now we have something much darker to deal with.

I spilled my beer in fright.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Well, crap. After the whole fiasco with the evil Flash Crashers I thought AI was a safe place again. I was wrong. I got hit with some entirely obnoxious beast a minute ago. Something LOUD and EVIL....and something to do about TVs. I really couldn't say for sure. It was so startling my reflexes hit 'Command+W' before I could truly discern what it was on about.

Please. Can we make it so that the banners involved in AI have a 'no noise' policy. The bleeping rabbits were bad enough (it took me forever to figure out that my machine wasn't about to implode), but now we have something much darker to deal with.

I spilled my beer in fright.

Yeah, I had that Flash ad the other day too! Scared the crap out of me, because I had my volume on high from a few minutes ago. I kept clicking refresh, and hoping it would cycle out, but it didn't. So I closed out AI, and came back later, haven't seen the ad since. \
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Sorry AI, but I would rarther pay donations / very cheap annual subscription than have ad's.

until then Add this line to /etc/hosts

Code:

0.0.0.0 media.fastclick.net a.tribalfusion.com