Syncing iApps on a desktop and laptop?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I was wondeirng if there was any easy to sync my address book and calendar on my desktop and laptop. Is there a way to do this easily or do i need to export each one and then import it into the other?

Sometimes when i travel I make new contacts with my laptop and then i'd like to update them simply onto my desktop. I like the way isync does it with my cell phone and ipod but it doesnt pick up my laptop. is there a way to add a computer as a device?

just wondering...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hisham Samawi

I was wondeirng if there was any easy to sync my address book and calendar on my desktop and laptop. Is there a way to do this easily or do i need to export each one and then import it into the other?

Sometimes when i travel I make new contacts with my laptop and then i'd like to update them simply onto my desktop. I like the way isync does it with my cell phone and ipod but it doesnt pick up my laptop. is there a way to add a computer as a device?

just wondering...

Do you have a .mac account? If you do, you can use iSync to do it. It works absolutely great. If not, you might want to look into a trial of .mac and see how it does for you.

Once you get a .mac account and set it up in the system preferences, you'll get a .mac icon in iSync. From there, it's pretty self-explanatory.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Awesome! I just did a trial and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. I love finding out new tricks with macs.... they really do think of practically everything.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hisham Samawi

Awesome! I just did a trial and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. I love finding out new tricks with macs.... they really do think of practically everything.

Yeah. This feature is one of the hidden gems if you ask me. It makes using other computers a breeze. You know, you've also got access to your addressbook and bookmarks through www.mac.com now? That way when you're not at a mac with iSync or one that you don't want to have your stuff on, you can still get to it all. I love it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    The best way (without .mac) is to use your phone as an intermediary between the machines. Chances are, your phone has an optional usb connection available that will work. If not, there are several iSync compatible phones out there at great prices that use either bluetooth or usb to connect to your machines. You probably want this anyway...I can't imagine actually typing in all those contacts on a little phone keypad.