Can Safari display page info on print-out?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the way that IE puts the URL, page name, date accessed, and so forth on a print-out of a web-page. I'm wondering if I can get Safari to do the same. This feature is particularly useful for research on the web, to be able to document where something came from and when it was accessed.

Thanks in advance for all your help (you guys have come through for me in the past in a huge way!).

N

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Sorry, there's no option to my knowledge of this. I didn't like having the address on the page like in IE, made printed out pages not look professional. Anywho, I guess if you want that on your pages, your stuck with IE. sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Altivec_2.0

Anywho, I guess if you want that on your pages, your stuck with IE.

My foot.

Camino adds headers and footers.

OmniWeb adds headers and footers as well as options for everything.

Mozilla Firebird adds headers and footers.

IE is hardly the only option. Next to OmniWeb, IE is not even worth considering as an option, IMO.

It is true, though, that Safari is the worst of all these at printing.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Well, that's really too bad. I enjoy using Safari, and have been able to live without another browser for a while, writing URLs on pages by hand. I guess I might have to install another browser. Firebird maybe?

Any guess if Safari will add this option in the future? I agree that printing in Safari is terrible, and I hope they improve this in the near future. I don't think it's that difficult, but then again, I'm not a programmer.

Thanks,

Nicholas
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Copy and paste all the info you need from the page, as well as the URL to a text document and than print. Very easy and that way you avoid printing banner adds and all the other crap that goes along with direct WWW printing.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

all the other crap that goes along with direct WWW printing.

Right. Like formatting.