taskmenubar equivalent app for OS X?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I used to use taskmenubar in classic to see what apps I had open and to switch between them. What was nice about taskmenubar was that it put icons of open apps up in the menubar and the open app was highlighted with a box around it. In addition, if you doubleclicked on an open app icon, taskmenubar would automatically hide all other apps and bring the one you clicked on to the front. All in all, a very nice way to see what you have running and to switch (or switch and hide) between running apps.

So does anybody know if there is an app for OS X that does the same thing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Umm, the dock? You may think I'm kidding, but I'm not. If you want to use the dock in this way, you can remove all apps from it and then only running ones will be shown. There used to be a terminal command that allowed you to put a blue triangle under the currently running application. There's also some key command that will hide all other applications, I believe.

There's also something called Another Launcher that seems interesting, though I haven't used it myself.

And, finally, there's Workstrip that may be exactly what you want. I haven't use this one either, so take that with a grain of salt.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    The Dock does the exact same thing and more, from the looks of it. Is it possible to add or remove the apps listed in taskmenubar by dragging them in or out? Can you drag a document over an application icon in that taskmenubar to open it with that application?

So I guess my answer to your question would be yes, there is an app for OS X that does the same thing.