Help me find a job in Dallas, TX

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok, heres the deal. I've been unemployeed for a few months. I'm having a helluva time finding a full-time job. Maybe some of you guys/gals can give me some good contacts in this area.

About me:

I'm an Apple Certified Technical Coordinator that has been streaming QuickTime and lording over a small mac network for the past two years. I'm also very PC savy.

I also have a degree in Economics and worked in Financial Services for 4 years. I mostly was in charge of performance reporting/posting on the larger in house accounts.

So, it seems that there are very few Mac jobs available at the moment. I've only had 3 Mac related interviews in the past few months. Financial services is not great either. Not alot of people are hiring because the market is still uncertain. I've even tried to get a retail job but they keep saying I'm over-qualified. I guess they don't want to hire me because they know this is just an interim gig.

Yes, this may seem lame and desperate, and it is. These are tough times and I have a 4 mo. daughter to worry about now. Thank God my wife is self employed. So, if any of you fellow Mac folks are looking to hire someone, I'm your guy.

Thanks in advance,

Clay

[email protected]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Try looking at local universities and community colleges. They usually have lots of tech support kinds of jobs like this one at North Texas:

* COMPUTER SYSTEMS MANAGER I (Dean, College of Arts and Sciences) $3,711 per month._ Bachelor?s degree with coursework in computing or information systems, and two years full time progressively responsible related computing work experience; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training._ Ability to lift computer equipment._ Experience supporting (remotely and on-site) a large number of people running Windows and MacOS desktop computers and related servers/services highly preferred._ Experience with support staff training, project management and system maintenance documentation; background with networks comprised of Windows, Macintosh, and Unix computers also preferred._ Hours:_ Mon. ? Fri. 8-5, with evenings and weekends as needed._ 04-0258

Maybe not what you're looking for in the long term but it's better than nothing.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Thanks for the info. I didn't think to check out UNT.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I used to do a good deal of work with these guys. Small out fit but very solid. Give them a shout.

Sewelltech is a premier authorized Apple service provider in the

DFW area. We are currently seeking an experienced service

technician. The candidate will provide on site and in office

service and support for Apple products. Requirements include

2 years of experience servicing Apple computers. Good

customer communications, organization and an action oriented

attitude are a must. Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
  • Reply 4 of 6
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    check out craigslist

that is the dallas URL for their website. It is basically a web site that offers everything from jobs, personal ads, apartments, sell your car, whatever. they have sections for most all major cities.

The jobs listing has a section for technical support and systems/networks. Just do a search for "Mac" and start emailing. Just be careful though. I've noticed (in the NYC section anyway) that a lot of people who post jobs there are looking for "cheap" labor. So be wary. All in all, most people on craiglist are legit. I've got plenty of jobs on craigslist.

Find a job, then find a girlfriend and be happy

good luck!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    you may also want to look at the DSVC (dallas society of visual communications) website. their job board is how i was able to worm my way into my last 2 jobs. Very helpful. You may want look up the the creative group and art squad as well.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I'll check out those sites.

Thanks again,

Clay