Sony-Ericsson z600

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm going to get one (a z600, that is) next week unless one of the phone gurus out there in Apple'n'Cider land can give me a good reason not to.

The only other options I've considered are the SE T610 which is free (yay!) but also common as muck (boo!) and the SE T630 (which is a slightly spec-bumped T610 with design cues from the iBook). But it won't be out till Q1 2004, not totally out the question but I don't feel compelled to wait.

The only thing I really care about is Bluetooth and iSync, with triband being a bonus. Is there any other phones I should be considering?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Well there are a few non SE bluetooth phones you could go with. My friend has the Nokia 3650, but it's bigger then the P8/900. There is always Apple's list. I have the T616 and love it. The Z600 should be almost identical, except for the better screen. I just can't stand flip phones.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    You can pick up a T630 right now - likely for more than you're willing to pay - at a few legitimate online retailers.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    just bought myself a z600 today... a verrry nice little (cubby) phone.

Seems snappier than the t610. Also, the screen is much better.

The camera isn't really much to brag about...

But apart from that, no complaints so far. Questions?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I can't think of any specific questions and it doesn't really matter now as I know someone who's upgrading early next year and has agreed to take my z600 in exchange for a t630 if I decide I don't like it (I've never had a flip-phone before) so I can't lose.

Also the helpful, though sadly quite short, list of compatible phones posted earlier shows that my choices aren't too great if I want to stay tight with iSync.

edit: thought of a question, though it's not directly related to the z600. Have you used any of the programs available for Mac OS X with it. There's Salling Clicker, but there's also another one that costs about $30 for transferring files and themes. Anybody use it?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I heard the t610 and t616 have terrible reception.

Is there any way to sync the Siemens SL56? It's a smaller phone with better reception and a great price (-$100 @ Amazon)...

...however there's no sense buying it if I can't sync it.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    jesus christ.

The SonyEricsson t616 is now -$150 @ Amazon. That's something to think about for me.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

edit: thought of a question, though it's not directly related to the z600. Have you used any of the programs available for Mac OS X with it. There's Salling Clicker, but there's also another one that costs about $30 for transferring files and themes. Anybody use it?

I use Salling Clicker with my t616. It may be the best $10 I've ever spent, especially since, being a student, my computer is my communication device, stereo, and dvd player. So, now if I'm listening to iTunes and logged on in iChat, if I get a phone call, it pauses the music and puts up an away message. Plus, my bed is on a bunk, so I can control my music without getting off my ass. It's very nice and definitely worth it.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    I spent a little quality time today with the z600. Nice phone, but a bit plasticky. The screen is excellent, and whilst I like it, I would still take my T610 due to the heavier nature - z600 too light IMHO - and the metal.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by low-fi

I spent a little quality time today with the z600. Nice phone, but a bit plasticky. The screen is excellent, and whilst I like it, I would still take my T610 due to the heavier nature - z600 too light IMHO - and the metal.

If only they could shoehorn that beautiful (and slightly larger) TFT screen from the Z600 into the T610, I'd be happy.

Considering that the T630 has been upgraded to include a TFT screen, although at the same size as the T610, I'm seriously considering buying a T630 and swapping out the guts. (As I prefer the T610 case to the plastic T630.)

I daren't risk using my P900 on a snowy freezing cold day walking down the street. Is it too extravagant to have a 'winter phone' and an 'indoors/summer phone'?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Anyone know when the Z600 will be available with T-Mobile.