iChat Chat Group?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

I was just wondering are there any iChat chat groups around the net that I can use iChat to connect to? I know that AppleInsider has\\had one, but it's never active (noone's there) ? ... Everyone I know uses a PC and so I was hoping I could find a use for iChat on my mac =)

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, for a while I would sometimes visit "Jaguar." You might have better luck with "Panther" now, but either way it's mostly iChat users. I left because last time I checked, things weren't very interesting, just a bunch of people acting stupid.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Well, for a while I would sometimes visit "Jaguar." You might have better luck with "Panther" now, but either way it's mostly iChat users. I left because last time I checked, things weren't very interesting, just a bunch of people acting stupid.

Your right about that. I'm pretty sure the Panther chat is nothing but 5 or 6 complete geeks that do nothing but sit there and fire Star Trek insults/jokes back and forth all day. Worst chat ever.

On a side note, I'm disappointed that no one is ever in the AppleInsider chat.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

On a side note, I'm disappointed that no one is ever in the AppleInsider chat.

There used to be good nights when iChat was still new and nifty. Back when I had recently joined AppleInsider. One year (+) ago. I remember, for instance, that New used to be there often. And some others. I remember ShawnPatrickJoyce with his asian chick icon, and Mulattabianca must've been there too, and Defiant, and psantora. And some others, whom I don't recall right now. Of course, in the hours leading up to any Macworld or Expo, the place is jammed, and ad hoc chat rooms are created to house the surplus. But other than that... it's usually a sad affair.

EDIT: I forgot FELLOWSHIP!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Yeah, I wish there were more iChat groups around ... It just doesn't seem like many are publicly available. It'd be neat if iChat could establish chat groups along the lines of iRC (not identically, but similarly) ...

Oh well, that's cool. Thanks for all the responses. If someone knows of a group that's not too empty, post it up!