Anyone have one of those MP3/USB Flash Drives?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Looking to pick up one of these devices to save from having to burn a CD everytime I need to bring some files home from work.

I think most I've checked out (on eBay) will work with MacOSX without a driver.

But there are so many to choose from and was wondering if someone here might recommend one.

Ultimately it'll be a MP3 player, USB drive 64 or 128mb, have FM and even a voice recorder (although the last two are not as important).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    My brother got a 32 meg USB keychain drive for free when he got his display from newegg.com

I've used it once, it worked really well.

good stuff, GREAT replacement for the floppy.

the last USB flash mp3 player I used was about 2 years ago, it worked very well, and I'm sure they work better these days.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, they all seem to work wonderfully in OS X, just popping up on the desktop like any other drive. I think they rock. The convenience/ease of a floppy, the capacity of a Zip (the 128MB model, anyway), the ubiquity of USB and lack of reliance of having to lug an actual DRIVE anywhere (a la Zip or Jaz), etc.

Basically a Zip disk that's the size of Chap-Stik. You can't beat that!

I have friends who have them and I keep meaning to get one myself. So many out there these days: SanDisk, Fuji, Kangaru, Iomega, I/OGear, Kingston, Sony, PNY, etc.

I'll be getting myself a 128MB USB 2.0 one by January, I'm sure. Probably whatever's on sale or has a nice rebate offer (Staples, Office Depot, Best Buy, etc. all seem to have them in their Sunday circular each week, marked down quite handsomely with rebates and such).