Where to find set-up sequence song?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does anyone know the artist who does the song that plays while you set up your Mac for the first time? It's such a cool song and I've heard it on the radio once but they didn't say who it was by!

Comments

• Reply 2 of 9
    Gee, thanks for spamming/plugging the other site and not giving any information here.

Here's a quote:

Quote:

"Sofa Rockers" by Sofa Surfers, as can be heard on the awesome Kruder & Dorfmeister K&D Sessions CD) has now changed...

The new tune is by the Icelandic band Röyksopp, and the tune is Eple - from the Melody A.M. CD

• Reply 3 of 9
    Thank You!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    asenasen Posts: 93member
    I thought Röyksopp come from northern Norway, possibly the Troms area (I think Lene Marlin comes from there too).

Which leaves me wondering why is the name Röyksopp, when it should be Røyksopp...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wolfeye155

Does anyone know the artist who does the song that plays while you set up your Mac for the first time? It's such a cool song and I've heard it on the radio once but they didn't say who it was by!

Well, find Setup Assistant in your "/System/Library/CoreServices folder, control-click and select "Show Package Contents", and poke around and you'll find the audio in the "Resources" folder.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Placebo, I had now idea you could find anything about it there. I usually stay away from the inner workings of Mac OS X.

When I got it off Aqcuistion the band name is Røyksopp
  • Reply 7 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wolfeye155

Placebo, I had now idea you could find anything about it there. I usually stay away from the inner workings of Mac OS X.

When I got it off Aqcuistion the band name is Røyksopp

It's called "introduction.aiff" or something, and it will open in Quicktime.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    asenasen Posts: 93member
    Zapchud pointed out on Oct 22:

Quote:

Originally posted by Zapchud

A little fun fact.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the new intro-song in the installation is now the hugely successfull "Eple", by the norwegian group "Röyksopp". "Eple", naturally is the norwegian word for "Apple"

• Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Gee, thanks for spamming/plugging the other site and not giving any information here.